Sunday, January 08, 2006

New Year and all That

Well Xmas has come and gone (thank God if you excuse the pun), and the New Year is upon us once again. So a belated 'Happy New Year' to all of you.
I've been quite busy of late what with more dealines at work and partying over the Xmas period. It was getting to the stage where I thought I'd never manage a post again. I have plenty of thoughts on what to post but never seemed to have the time or inclination to post them. Am I getting bored with this Blog malarchy? I get the feeling that you have to either do it every day, religiously, so much that you end up not having a social life, or you have a social life and never get around to writing anything on your blog. I've got to find a balance somewhere. Maybe one night a week when I can set aside an hour to write up some comments, and maybe get some momentum going again. Otherwise it's just gonna die. It would be handy if Google sorted out the mobile blogging for the UK, I could get used to that.
So, what's new apart from 2006. A friend of mine was out in Japan for New Year, and I'm hoping he'll bring me back a little something (like a DVD). I did text him some requests but I don't know what he'll get me if anything. Fingers crossed. Another friend is back from Canada after spending the last year working on a film out there. Hopefully he'll stick around for a bit and we can catch up properly. I've got the chance to work on a film in May sometime but don't know for sure yet. It'd be great to have a long term contract for a change.
I'm still slowly learning Japanese, getting to grips with Hiragana and Katakana, but not really touched on Kanji yet. I listen almost exclusively to Japanese music, and have done for a couple of years now. I'm learning by immersion if that's possible, anyway it seems to be working. I also watch mainly Japanese (and Korean) films, Anime and anything to help the learning process. I got 5 DVDs from a friend for Xmas...
Till next time, party on and be excellent to each other :-)

No comments: