Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Lifelike Robots are upon us

I've always thought we will one day become a race of half mechanical beings, hell - two thirds of the body can already be replaced in surgery. Films like Bladerunner, AI and Terminator (apart from the future bit), have always had a special significance for me for that very reason. Well, you've probably already seen amazing robots dancing and wowing audiences, but they have to step aside for the new generation of Life-Like Robots.


A fascinating site all about the history and concepts in robotics can be found at http://www.androidworld.com/ or for the story of the latest development, click on over to Repliee Q1 - the latest Life-Like Robot. It is happening, whether we want it to or not, and I for one certainly do, and it's scarily closer than you may think.

2 comments:

nate said...

Since I can't find an email address for you...

Join the Cardiff bloggers meetup group..

http://cityblogging.meetup.com/27/

NYPuglia81 said...

Hello! Just want to thank u for helping me with my page!